Children and Young People

Are you disabled or do you have special education needs? Are you aged 25 or under and living in Stoke-on-Trent? If you are, then the SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) might be able to help you to get the support you need.


SEND Information, Advice and Support Services are sometimes called IAS Services or IASS. There are IAS Services all over England. Every local authority has one.

Who are they for?

IAS Services are for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. They are also for the parents and carers of these children and young people.

What do they do?

They give information, advice and support about having a disability or special educational needs. They can help if you need information, advice or support on Education and can signpost for Health and Social care. They can help if you need information, advice or support on:

  • Education
  • Health
  • Social Care

If the IAS Service cannot help you with something, then they might be able to find another place that can help. IAS Services must be impartial. That means they will be unbiased and they will not tell you what to do. They will give you the information you need to make your own choices. They must be confidential. That means that your meetings will be private, unless someone is in danger of being hurt. You can go there for free. You will not have to pay for these services. You can contact these services on your own or with your parent/someone else. Your parent can contact the IASS on your behalf as well.

Information on Children and Young People